Bristol Temple Meads is a major railway station in Bristol. It is situated about a mile south-east of the city centre and is the main station for central Bristol. The station is served by express services on the Great Western Route. The original terminal station (The Old Station) was built for The Great Western Railway and was designed by Brunel. Bristol was the meeting point of the Great Western Railway and the Bristol and Exeter line. This later addition was built between 1871 and 1878 under the direction of Brunel's former associate, Matthew Digby Wyatt. The vast curved train shed is 500 feet long and has a wrought iron roof structure. The original Brunel terminus was extended eastward to join up with this newer building. The through station was further extended on the east side in the 1930s. The through station is also a Grade 1 listed building.
 
       
   
Home Latest news Collections Gallery About Jayne Press archive Links Retailers Contact Jayne